I LOVE WINE which makes it very difficult to figure out where to go in Napa! I've not only done my own extensive research in personal tastings, but I have also made this awesome map so I can see how close the vineyards are:
Address: 8445 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558
- Reservations Required?: Reservations are recommended but not required for fewer than six guests. Call to make a reservation. Limited walk-in seating is available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Cost?: $$ Tastings are $25 to $35 on the patio/salon; Tours are $40
- Food?: Cheese/Crackers and snacks
I LOVE Mumm Champagne and couldn't wait to visit. I loved it so much, I even joined their wine club. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is very friendly. I can't wait to come back again and again!
We walked up around 11a without a reservation and were seated immediately. Since it was December and on the cooler side, we opted to sit in the salon for our tasting. Also, I want one of these in my house:
I loved them all of course!
Address: 401 St Helena Hwy, St Helena, CA 94574 (St Helena Location)
- Reservations Required?: Not required but recommended
- Cost?: $$$ Tastings: $40, Tours starting at $40
- Food?: Not really
I was excited for Hall since they specialize in Cabernet Sauvignon, winning many awards for their 100 point cabs! Also, not going to lie, I love bunny foo foo. Speaking of, they had amazing art throughout the winery, in the gardens, in the tasting room, everywhere!
This vineyard had more of a modern flair with an artistic eye, making it more unique.
Their tasting bar was setup on the second floor near floor to ceiling windows with spectacular vineyard views.
Another beautiful sunset..
Address: 1100 Larkmead Ln, Calistoga, CA 94515
- Reservations Required?: Yes, call Book in advance!
- Cost?: $$$ About $40 for a tasting; Bottles start at $60
- Food?: Not that I could see, just lots of wine!
Their website says it best: "Surrounded by the serenity of our beautiful vineyard, each visit to Larkmead is personal and unique. Guests enjoy a private guided tour of the winery followed by an in-depth tasting with a dedicated member of our team. Our cellar library holds over 2,000 bottles spanning two centuries."
Wine is served in fancy Zalto glasses which run about $75 a pop!
I loved their indoor decor, so welcoming and homey.
Address: 4045 St Helena Hwy, Calistoga, CA 94515
- Reservations Required?: Not required but recommended -
- Cost?: $$$ Starts at $30 just to get into the castle and comes with a tasting. Designated Drivers also need to pay an entrance fee, even if they aren't drinking! There are guided tours and food pairings as well.
- Food?: Yes, see the Royal Pairings Menu
We didn't taste the wines, but did walk the grounds - there were so many animals and things to look at!
Address: 1 California Dr, Yountville, CA 94599
- Reservations Required?: Not required but recommmended - call 1-888-242-6366, Opt. 2
- Cost?: $$ Tastings $20 and up
- Food?: Snacks are available
The tasting room get pretty busy but just elbow your way up to the bar and you'll get served.
The servers also make specialty cocktails if you ask nicely!
Do you have any wineries that we need to add to our list? Let us know in the comments below! Also, be sure to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board: