On our mini moon we stayed a few nights in Wailea and discovered this amazing restaurant called Monkeypod Kitchen.
Owned by Merriman’s, another favorite of ours, we hoped for the best and were not disappointed. Everything from the drinks to the main course were well above average, the only downside was the location. We normally stay in Kaanapali and Wailea is pretty far for dinner, but all that changed this year. Whalers village in Kaanapali opened their own Monkeypod location as of October 2017.
Check out their menu here: Monkeypodkitchen.com It changes often!
We were glad they finally received their liquor license 2 days before we arrived so we could try their cocktails! They have the perfect Monkeypod Mai Tai topped with honey foam, giving a more natural sweetness.
Recipe found online: Add lime juice, orgeat, orange curaçao and Old Lahaina Light Rum to mixing glass. Shake with 1 cup cubed ice about 30 seconds and pour into highball glass. Float dark rum. Top with honey-liliko'i foam and garnish with pineapple half moon
They also have a nice wine list. ;-)
- The Rosemary Roasted Chicken Wings are a must, dusted with chili flakes and garlic, these were definitely a favorite. To top it off, they came with an amazing dipping sauce.
- We also ordered the Pumpkin Patch Ravioli, roasted squash, chèvre, spinach, toasted walnut sage pesto, a perfect fall treat.
- Kauai Shrimp & Hamakua Mushroom Potstickers were really good, didn't taste too fishy!
- The Garlic Truffle Oil Fries were phenomenal.
For the main course we tried the New York Strip Steak topped with house-made chimichurri sauce along with greens and jalapeño mashed potatoes. The savory steak melts in your mouth and the mashed potatoes are green from the jalapeño but not spicy (no seeds)!
Other sides included:
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with peppers, onions, parmesan cheese
- Griddle Top Upcountry Cornbread paired perfectly with the steak!
- and MORE Jalepeno Mashed Potatoes, because YUM!
Normally I am all over dessert, but I simply couldn't do it. I did have their pie at the Wailea location and loved every bite.
I can't wait to go back next year!
Love Monkeypod? Let us know what you ate!
Please share this post on your favorite social media, and pin this to your favorite Pinterest board: