ATTENTION FOODIES: here are some of the best restaurants in Los Angeles no matter what you're celebrating! Any cuisine you can think of exists in any given area of Los Angeles, but here are a few restaurants you MUST try!
RELATED POST: Looking for brunch? See our Favorite Brunch Spots in LA
BEST RESTAURANTS WESTSIDE - MANHATTAN BEACH
1142 Manhattan Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Menu changes often, here is the latest: http://www.eatmbpost.com/menu
Formally a functioning post office in Manhattan Beach, this space has flipped into a one of a kind farm to table restaurant. Michelin–starred Chef and co-owner, David LeFevre, has an extraordinary American style menu, which often changes.
- Favorite Dish: Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits with maple butter - This dish has it's own instagram!
- Charcuterie plate with fine meats and cheeses
- Housemade fries
- Grilled Skirt Steak
- Dessert: Peanut Butter Mousse
Take a brief walk and stop at Manhattan Beach Creamery after!
425 Washington Blvd, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Great place by the water for craft cocktails and sharable dishes for dinner. Perfect for date night or with a group of friends!
- Grilled Lamb Chops, Charred Eggplant Purée
- Smoky Grilled Chicken Wings, Oregano, Chili, and Vinegar
- Favorite Dish: Smoked and Grilled Bone-In Short Rib
- Dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cake, McConnell’s Double Peanut Butter Chip Ice Cream (SO GOOD)
RELATED POST: Just looking for ice cream? See the Best Ice Cream Spots in Los Angeles
600 Venice Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
Known as a coffee and wine bar, this french inspired restaurant has a great menu for dishes to share. There are a few locations, the Venice location is at the end of Abbot Kinney and has a nice patio, they even have heaters for chilly nights!
- To start, they have a nice charcuterie selection
- The flatbreads are tasty but thin - perfect for 2 people to share
- Favorite Dish: Steak frites with the chimichurri sauce
- Sides: Potato Gratin and Brussels Sprouts
- Dessert: Can't go wrong with a brownie and ice cream!
1023 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
Chef Evan Funke has a phenomenal talent for creating an Italian menu as well as pasta right in front you! Ingredients are from local California grown farms.
- You MUST start with the focaccia bread - phenomenal
- Favorite Dish: Pappardelle - basic ragu bolognese taken to a new level
- Really, you can't go wrong with anything!
BEST RESTAURANTS DOWNTOWN LA
2121 E 7th Pl, Los Angeles, CA 90021
Located in the Arts District of DTLA, Ori Menashe and Genevieve Gergis, husband and wife duo have curated a perfect Italian menu. Reservations must be made months in advance, but always call and try your luck day-of! You never know!
- Pan-Roasted Chicken Gizzards, roasted beets, belgian endive, and aged capra sarda - Yes it sounds weird, but it was delicious!
- Favorite Pasta: Agnolotti all'Agnello - saffron pasta parcel, braised lamb, burro fuso, grana padano, pistachios, currants
- Favorite Dish: Grilled Pork Tomahawk Chop - apple ginger frutta, arugula, opal basil (drool)
- Dessert: "Coffee & Donuts" - spiced chestnut zeppole, whipped cream, AND coffee ice cream!
448 S Hill St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Located in the heart of downtown, Perch has the prefect birds eye view of the city, and the prettiest chandeliers!
- Favorite Dish: Boeuf Bordelaise - braised short rib, roast garlic potato puree, beets, cippolini and pearl onions (love short rib)
- Gnocchi - pesto, crème fraiche, market squash
- Dessert: Orange Cardamom Creme Brulee (it was gone in a flash)
BEST HOLLYWOOD RESTAURANTS
Mama Shelter Los Angeles
6500 Selma Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Another perfect place to sit on a rooftop and catchup with friends! This hotel has views spanning from Downtown LA to the Hollywood sign. They don't take reservations, but the wait is worth it!
- Favorite Dish: PIZZA FRIES!!!!! Need I say more?
- Mama's Meatballs
- Hummus and Pita bread - just ask for more break ahead of time (they never give enough)
Love any of these restaurants? Have suggestions? Let us know in the comments below!
Wherever you end up, cheers and enjoy our favorite restaurants in Los Angeles! :)
LOS ANGELES BRUNCH POST COMING SOON!
If you like this post, please share it with your friends on social media and pin this to your favorite Pinterest board: